It’s a question everyone asks. Whether you’re an influencer or a brand, you’re always looking to hit the jackpot when posting.
So when is the best time to post on social media?
It is different for every niche so it's worth looking into who your target audience before you go posting at silly hour O’clock.
Let’s use the young professional as an example.
Research suggests that these are between the age of 18 and 40. Their general likes are; Fashion, travel, business growth, food, and fitness. Therefore, posting at commuter times and/ or lunchtime should give you the most attention on social media because that's when this demographic is most active. I. E. On the train to and from work or at lunch.
Since Instagram's algorithm has changed, there has been a huge debate on when really is the best time to post so it's really quite difficult to sit here and tell you to post at 3 pm every single day and that your followers will definitely see it.
Here are Lauren’s top tips:
1. Know your niche. Know who’s following you and work out when they are going to be most active.
2. Create eye-catching content! It's no good putting up a rushed grainy photo. Take your time to get that epic shot!
3. Check your insights: If you’re in business mode, you should be if you are an influencer or brand, it is a great way to methodize your posting. Look at when has been your most active period on Instagram and trial posting at these times.
4. Use relevant hashtags but don’t overdo it. This could get you shadowbanned. *Shadow banned: When Instagram shadows you from the likes and view of anyone who isn’t following you. A complete annoyance.
5. Announce that you will be posting! Utilizing the story feature at the top of everyone's newsfeed is the best way to get noticed. Use this tool to announce that you will be posting shortly…
And there we have it! Lauren’s top tips on when you should post on social media!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!